Monday, November 25, 2013

Boudoir Photo-Shoot

 
I was asked by a friend for a favour... this favour just happened to be doing some boudoir photos for her. Doing her make-up and styling her hair. My answer...OF COURSE! When and where?

Ok, I am not a photographer. A make-up artist yes, professional photographer no. That doesn't mean I don't like to snap some shots of my own every once in a while. I was luckily able to borrow a camera from another friend to do these photos (which was very much appreciated). All throughout high school I excelled in Photography. Awards, A+'s, Competitions etc. Photography was the reason I got into make-up to tell you the truth. From photography, to videography I gradually opened my mind to make-up artistry. What a great choice. Now I have the knowledge and background in each of these fields. I put make-up first, but I still love the art of photography and I am sure one day once my children are older I will dabble in more photography ventures and invest in a fancy camera of my own. I dream. No harm. Right now I am more then happy doing small side jobs for good friends such as this one.

For this boudoir shoot I obviously had a gorgeous model to work with. We were granted use of her close girlfriends condo in Port Moody for the photos, which ended up being the perfect location. Thank you sunshine for coming out that day, your beautiful light made for some great shots!

With a sexy, smoky eye and voluminous curls in her hair we were ready to take some photos.
It didn't hurt that we were all very comfortable with one another, which really helps to get amazing shots. Having a relaxed model is the best!

Here are some of my favorites from the photo-shoot... some of these photos have been edited for discretionary purposes.


 






 
 
 
Can you say gorgeous?! I look forward to all of the projects I get to do and be apart of in the future. There is only up from here :)
 
Thanks for reading.
 
 
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment