Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Into The Water We Go

Let's take a dip in the lake...in our clothes...

Sounds like a GREAT idea to me!

This was the inspiration for the most recent photo-shoot to show off some of my make-up work. Teaming up with Hayley of Hayley Rae Photography is always a blast in itself, but put us at a lake in the evening with two gorgeous models and a new flash system, makes it that much better!

Seeing a sneak peek of the photos on Hayley's super fancy Nikon camera simply wowed me. It is amazing what she can do.

I decided with this shoot I would ask two ladies to model for me that aren't only beautiful but also up for anything thrown at them. So asking them to get into a lake in the evening, at the beginning of June with their clothes on and some over exaggerated and a little less then normal make-up, they didn't hesitate. Brave. Or crazy... I haven't quite figured that out yet ;)

I knew I didn't want to do the normal "pretty" make-up for this shoot. I also didn't want "ugly" make-up either. I found a happy medium. Dramatic, intense and something you don't see from day to day...on the majority of women at least. My main focus was the eyes. False lashes, dark contouring, bright colors, intense black eyeliner...I had fun!

Being a make-up artist at a photo-shoot you are normally in charge of perfecting the model. Moving strands of hair, fixing the models dress so the photographer can capture a perfect shot. In this case, I was forced to join the models in the water. Not a problem, it wasn't too cold. That is until I lost my footing and fell into the water a little farther then I had planned. Comes with the territory I guess, I am not complaining. It was a blast!

Not only was it a beautiful evening, we found an exceptional spot to take the photos. Only a few onlookers and a couple guys that we made feel good by taking some shots of them with the models. Hope they enjoyed themselves. The lighting of the sun setting was gorgeous and the movement of the water (created by yours truly) made for an unbelievable backdrop. If the gates didn't close at 9pm I am sure I would have stayed all evening.

Unplanned but very fitting, Hayley and I happened to be wearing identical outfits. Down to the sock buns on top of our heads. It was hilarious and perfect as it made us look like a team, and a great team we are! I was able to thank her for taking the photos by doing her make-up for her very own headshots which will be used for her blog. Can`t wait to see the final product.

All in all, it was a wonderful evening of creative, talented, beautiful, outgoing girls that I am happy to call my friends. Thanks ladies, you rock!






 
 

Thank you to my beautiful and outgoing models, you're the best!

Thanks for stopping by,

Caitlin J

No comments:

Post a Comment