Monday, January 28, 2013

A Little Rain Won't Hurt

We survived!

Yesterday at the very fun, very busy, very wet and very cold photoshoot all of the models did great! Braving the rain and wind the girls all had smiles on their faces. Country music blarring from an iphone while the girls danced around under a gazebo to keep themselves warm and in high spirits. All of them looking gorgeous, with curls and lashes, lipstick and blush. Each of them owning their specific look to a tee!

We were lucky to have some beautiful Stella & Dot Jewelry care of Brittany, an independent stylist for Stella & Dot. (To view her facebook page click on her name). Colorful chunky necklaces, yellow golds, coral colored stone drop earrings...the Spring line is amazing and if you love necklaces, bracelets and earrings you don't want to miss out! The pieces that each model wore enhanced their beauty and added the perfect touch to each photograph.

Normally I ask a good friend of mine Hayley to take the photos for my portfolio, but this time I thought that she needed to step out from behind the camera and take a seat infront of it for once!
(To view her photography website click on her name). I took the role of photographer this time around, along with my cousin Lauren, another very talented photographer! With having two photographers and four models we were able to get a huge variety of different shots and I have to say I am extremely happy with them. Now, my photos are nothing compared to both Hayley and Lauren but I was happy to take the photos and enjoy being behind the camera as well. Taking photography classes in high school helped a tad, but I do need more practice!

I would like to sincerely thank all the ladies that were able to help me out by either modelling, taking photos or holding umbrellas (wink). You all amaze me and it means alot!

Here is a shot I took from the photoshoot... you would never know that Candice is standing in the rain and getting soaked as each picture is taken. Loving the angelic look of the white shirt and jewelry along with her blonde hair and blue eyes and the contrast of the green moss on the tree...creating a shot that I am proud of!


 View either my website or Facebook Page to see many more portfolio photos!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment